The Aussie Hands Foundation Incorporated
Supporting children and adults who have been born with a hand difference or have an acquired hand injury.
Providing opportunities for networking and exchange of information.
Supporting research initiatives focussing on hand differences.
Who We Are
The Aussie Hands Foundation Inc is a voluntary not-for-profit organisation of parents, carers, associated professionals and other interested people. We provide support, understanding and encouragement to individuals with a hand difference.
Each year Aussie Hands:
- Hosts social gatherings and organises programs to help reduce the isolation experienced by children, their parents and families. These activities enable members to build supportive relationships and self-confidence
- Provides a forum where parents can ask questions, receive support and gain a sense of hope about their child’s future
- Provides up-to-date information about prosthetics, aids and counselling services
- Supports families making difficult decisions about surgical procedures
- Raises awareness about hand differences within the community and to support research initiatives focusing on upper limb deficiencies and hand differences
Join us for an event in your State
We regularly host a variety of events and activities across Australia for members, their families and friends.
If you would like to join us in the fun please feel free to come along to one of our listed events.
If you’re unsure, please contact us to find out.