THE AUSSIE HANDS FOUNDATION
INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY BUILDING PROJECT
‘Creating an Online Toolkit and a Peer Support Network for our members that empowers, enables and facilitates the inclusion for people with a congenital hand or upper limb difference and their families.’
Aussie Hands received an Individual Capacity Building Grant (ICB) from the Australian Government. This grant will be used to create an Online Toolkit and Peer Support Network for our members and their families.
- Provide access to role models and information
- Develop skills and strategies for success in life
- Connect individuals to overcome challenges, increase confidence and take positive action
- Members feel more empowered to achieve life milestones
- Increase access and inclusion in the education system
- Help build solid foundations for career success and active citizenship
The Online Toolkit will provide strategies to overcome common challenges experienced by people with a hand or upper limb difference. The aim is to equip members to confidently participate in all aspects of life including extracurricular activities, educational and employment opportunities, and engagement with their communities.
We will focus on three stages of life that have been identified as critical stages of support. These are:
Peer Support Network
A Peer Support Network will be created as part of the project. Peers will be available to provide support on life stage topics contained in the Online Toolkit. This will connect members, provide direct access to role models and provide further strategies, support and encouragement. Think of it like our Facebook Group, but even more interactive!
If becoming a Peer Support Mentor is something that interests you, please contact us!
Want to be involved?
You can be involved in this project by:
- Completing the project survey
- Becoming a Peer Support Mentor
- Participating in a workshop to help shape information in the Online Toolkit
- Sharing your story, tips or advice with us
If any of the above interests you, or if you have any questions regarding the project please contact:
Project Officer – Cassie Muller
ICB Project Team
|Project Manager – Jacqueline Banki||Project Officer – Cassie Muller|
|Digital Communications Officer – Vinnie Chen|
ICB Project Steering Committee
|Brooke Young||Karen Macdonald|
|Areeb Ovaris||Hannah Cole|
|Lisa Robin||Fiona Passmore|