Limb Difference Awareness Week 2020
19 October – 25 October 2020
This year’s theme for Limb Difference Awareness Week is ‘Celebrate Difference’.
Limb Difference Awareness Week- LDAW2020 – is an opportunity to raise awareness of people living with a hand or limb difference. Our goal is to promote inclusion and inspire others through our stories.
Here is our Limb Difference Awareness Week Countdown.
Here are some ideas about how you can get involved!
JOIN UPCOMING ONLINE EVENTS
- Aussie Hands Patron Discusses What Limb Difference Awareness Week means to her and what inspires her to Celebrate Difference
Sunday 11 October at 2.30-3pm (ADST), Instagram Live @aussiehands
- Aussie Hands Turns 20 & Limb Difference Awareness Week Launch, 2.30-3.30pm (ADST), Sunday 18 October
Join in for an exciting session celebrating 20 years of Aussie Hands and the launch of Limb Difference Awareness Week.
During the hour-long session, you will hear from our inspiration Patron Jessica Smith OAM. Aussie Hands Founder Elizabeth Borg will share what the organisation has meant to her. Dr David McCombe will give a brief overview on the research being conducted through the Australian Hand Difference Register.
VIA ZOOM (details will be sent on RSVP) – Please join in, we would love to see you online!
ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT
- Update your profile photo with the Limb Difference Awareness Week Twibbon
- Post a photo, message or video supporting Limb Difference Awareness Week and include these tags #LDAW2020 #celebratedifference #aussiehands #limbdifference
- Like/share/comment on posts on the Aussie Hands Facebook and Instagram pages. You can start with the countdown to the launch starting on 29 September 202
- Ask your child’s teacher or principal to support Limb Difference Awareness Week through a mention in the school newsletter encouraging parents to have a conversation with their children about acceptance and inclusion.
- Donate ‘Little Miss Jessica Goes to School’ to the school and request that the book is featured in classrooms or the library during Limb Difference Awareness Week. It is a good way to open the conversation that everyone is special just the way they are.
- Ask your school to sponsor a fundraiser/activity:
- Wear Red to Support Limb Difference Awareness Week: wear something red and bring a gold coin donation. Collect proceeds and donate to Aussie Hands, a registered charity supporting individuals with a hand/limb difference. Donations over $2 are tax deductable.
- Rock a Sock: Ask students to bring a sock to wear on their dominant hand to experience having a hand difference for a day or when undertaking a specific in-class activity.
- Host a morning tea with colleagues for Limb Difference Awareness week as ask colleagues to donate a gold coin.
- Share your story at work through internal communications (eg: Staff Newsletter, Staff profile)
- Ask your work to become a corporate sponsor of Aussie Hands or include us as part of the ‘Staff Giving’ program. Find out how by contacting email@example.com
- Contribute to the work of the Aussie Hands Foundation Inc in providing support, information and encouragement to people born with a hand difference and their families by making a donation. Donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
We look forward to your support and involvement in Limb Difference Awareness Week!