Limb Difference Awareness Week 2021
17 October – 23 October 2021
This year’s theme for Limb Difference Awareness Week is “Shine a Light“.
Limb Difference Awareness Week- LDAW2021 – is an opportunity to raise awareness of people living with a hand or limb difference. Our goal is to promote inclusion and inspire others through our stories.
Here are some ideas about how you can get involved!
ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT
- Update your profile photo with the Limb Difference Awareness Week Twibbon
- Post a photo, message or video supporting Limb Difference Awareness Week and include these tags #LDAW2021 #aussiehands #limbdifference
- Like/share/comment on posts on the Aussie Hands Facebook and Instagram pages
- Ask your child’s teacher or principal to support Limb Difference Awareness Week through a mention in the school newsletter encouraging parents to have a conversation with their children about acceptance and inclusion.
- Donate ‘Little Miss Jessica Goes to School’ to the school and request that the book is featured in classrooms or the library during Limb Difference Awareness Week. It is a good way to open the conversation that everyone is special just the way they are.
- Ask your school to sponsor a fundraiser/activity:
- Wear Red to Support Limb Difference Awareness Week: wear something red and bring a gold coin donation. Collect proceeds and donate to Aussie Hands, a registered charity supporting individuals with a hand/limb difference. Donations over $2 are tax deductable.
- Rock a Sock: Ask students to bring a sock to wear on their dominant hand to experience having a hand difference for a day or when undertaking a specific in-class activity.
- Host a morning tea with colleagues for Limb Difference Awareness week as ask colleagues to donate a gold coin.
- Share your story at work through internal communications (eg: Staff Newsletter, Staff profile)
- Ask your work to become a corporate sponsor of Aussie Hands or include us as part of the ‘Staff Giving’ program. Find out how by contacting email@example.com
- Contribute to the work of the Aussie Hands Foundation Inc in providing support, information and encouragement to people born with a hand difference and their families by making a donation. Donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
We look forward to your support and involvement in Limb Difference Awareness Week!